INDUSTRY JOB POSTINGS:
Salary and Benefits
Base salary range $80,132—$107,120 annually
The Department offers a competitive total compensation package that includes the following:
• 2.5% @ 55 retirement for Classic PERS members, 2.% @ 62 retirement for New PERS
• Department contributes to a Retirement Health Savings Account, starting at 2% of pay increasing to 5%, to use for med-ical expenses after retirement
• Choice of medical plans offered through PERS. Department pays 100% of Blue Shield plan for employee and depend-ents.
• Employer paid dental, vision, and life insurance plans
• Flexible spending program, Long Term Disability, EAP plan, and Deferred Compensation plan are available
• Paid vacation, holiday and sick leaves
• Uniform provided
If interested, please apply at www.CalOpps.org. Position is open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply quickly, as interviews will be scheduled as soon as qualified applications are received.
Please see this document for all of the details – Emergency Vehicle Technician flyer 08 2021
- Possess a High School Diploma or general Education Degree (GED)
- Possess 1 year or more of Heavy-Duty Mechanic experience with truck maintenance and repair
- Possess a CA Fire Mechanic Level 1 Certification OR an EVT 1 Certification
- Knowledge of and ability to complete a NFPA 1911 Fire Apparatus Inspection
- Knowledge of and ability to perform a DOT Air Brake System COLA Test
- Knowledge of and ability to perform a DOT Commercial Safety Inspection
- Knowledge of and ability to Perform a Pump System Dry Vacuum Test
- Possess a working knowledge of Pump Theory
- Possess a working knowledge of Basic Foam Systems
- Possess a particular attention to detail and cleanliness
- Intelligently and effectively communicate, written and verbally, with customers and all RVI personnel.
- Provide mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic services to vehicles and equipment, specifically with respect to Fire Apparatus.
- Perform a general safety inspection, examining vehicle and apparatus protective guards, loose hardware, and generally identify and escalate any safety deficiencies.
- Attend all relevant training classes and keep abreast of all factory, technical, and industry wide developments.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our customers, increasing both satisfaction and confidence in Riverview International Trucks Fire Shop.
- Observe all safety and security protocols, operates equipment and handles materials in a safe manner, and report any unsafe conditions.
- Obtain and Maintain a CA Commercial Drivers License Class B.
- Service all Fire Department vehicles and related components on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Inspect equipment and vehicles for common maintenance problems.
- Diagnose and repair air brake systems, engines, transmissions, steering, suspension & drivetrain components typically found on Class 7 & 8 heavy-duty diesel-powered trucks to ensure they will perform under emergency conditions.
- Perform pneumatic and hydraulic equipment repairs as necessary.
- Replace fire apparatus components including but not limited to, fire pumps, foam systems and other specialty firefighting components.
- Make improvements or modifications to new or existing fire apparatus in accordance with departmental needs and specifications. Modify, design, and fabricate special purpose equipment.
- Maintain and repair power tools and appliances carried on fire apparatus.
- Perform fire truck dealer warranty repairs as needed.
- 8+ years of experience as a Certified Heavy-Duty Diesel Technician
- Ability to work alone to diagnose electronically controlled engines, transmissions & other electronic components
- Ability to diagnose electrical starting & charging systems
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent general automotive trouble shooting skills
- Commitment to quality
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Valid/Clean driver’s license (Class “A” or “B”) or ability to get one in 12 months
- Live in, or move to San Diego County
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Great pay – $30 to $40 per hour, DOE
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Fully paid dental insurance for employee
- 401(k) – 6% match
- 401(k) – 4% profit sharing
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick pay
- Paid training
- Fuel allowance
- Uniforms provided