North County EVS – Spring Valley, CA
Pay Range – $30 to $40 per hour, DOE
North County EVS is looking for motivated, highly qualified Diesel Technicians to join our team. Over the last 20 years we have earned the reputation of being San County’s premier service provider in our field of fire apparatus service & repair. If you are looking to join a team with experienced leadership and an opportunity for growth with excellent pay and benefits, then this is the place for you!
We work solely on emergency response vehicles such as fire engines, ladder trucks, ambulances and support vehicles. This includes performing routine safety inspections and maintenance, repairs of air brakes, electrical & electronic systems, centrifugal fire pump repairs and diagnosing/repairing computerized electronic control systems.
- Service all Fire Department vehicles and related components on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Inspect equipment and vehicles for common maintenance problems.
- Diagnose and repair air brake systems, engines, transmissions, steering, suspension & drivetrain components typically found on Class 7 & 8 heavy-duty diesel-powered trucks to ensure they will perform under emergency conditions.
- Perform pneumatic and hydraulic equipment repairs as necessary.
- Replace fire apparatus components including but not limited to, fire pumps, foam systems and other specialty firefighting components.
- Make improvements or modifications to new or existing fire apparatus in accordance with departmental needs and specifications. Modify, design, and fabricate special purpose equipment.
- Maintain and repair power tools and appliances carried on fire apparatus.
- Perform fire truck dealer warranty repairs as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- 8+ years of experience as a Certified Heavy-Duty Diesel Technician
- Ability to work alone to diagnose electronically controlled engines, transmissions & other electronic components
- Ability to diagnose electrical starting & charging systems
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent general automotive trouble shooting skills
- Commitment to quality
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Valid/Clean driver’s license (Class “A” or “B”) or ability to get one in 12 months
- Live in, or move to San Diego County
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Great pay – $30 to $40 per hour, DOE
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Fully paid dental insurance for employee
- 401(k) – 6% match
- 401(k) – 4% profit sharing
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick pay
- Paid training
- Fuel allowance
- Uniforms provided
If this sounds interesting we would like to talk with you and answer any questions you may have. You must be able to pass a drug screen and a background check to be considered. Thank you for your consideration for our position.
Please email all application requests to: HR@NCEVS.COM or call (619)840-8048 Ext 700
Jobs: City of Pasadena – Senior Equipment Mechanic – FULL DETAILS HERE
An Equal Opportunity Employer
OPENING DATE: 06/17/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
The City of Pasadena is looking for an advanced journey, working lead level Senior Equipment Mechanic who will supervise, inspect, diagnose and repair operating problems in emergency vehicle apparatus and equipment and heavy-duty gasoline, electric, CNG and diesel construction equipment in the Fleet Management Division. Our department presents an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, reliable and dependable professional.
The current vacancy is in our Fleet Maintenance Division of our Public Works Department. This division is responsible for maintaining, repairing and disposing of the City’s fuel-powered fleet, which consists of approximately 1,250 vehicles and other pieces of equipment.
CLOSING DATE: Continuous until filled. First round of applications are due 7/8/21 for review.
South Placer Fire District of Granite Bay, CA has an opening in our maintenance division for an Apprentice Mechanic
The South Placer Fire District is now accepting applications for the position of Apprentice Mechanic. The District is developing a hiring list to fill an anticipated position that will be offered in the near future. The Apprentice Mechanic position has been developed to assist interested candidates in acquiring fleet mechanic experience, under the guidance of our Head Mechanic for a career in the fire service fleet maintenance division. The District has one available position and applications must be submitted by no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 23rd , 2021.
Copies of the following Minimum Qualifications are required to be attached to the application:
□ Qualified Candidates: must be a minimum of 18 years of age
□ Must be a High School Graduate or Equivalent
□ Must maintain a valid Class C Driver’s License.
□ Candidates must be willing and capable of maintaining a clean organized work area including general shop and facility maintenance.
□ Candidates must be willing and able to work indoors and outdoors as necessary and to travel to perform work in remote locations.
□ Candidates must be capable of repeatedly lifting 75 lbs.
□ Candidates will need 1 year experience in an automobile or truck repair field or a degree/certificate from an accredited college or trade school with the emphasis in automotive or heavy equipment repair.
□ Must provide a current DMV printout.
□ Candidates must be able to pass a background check and medical screening including drug testing (marijuana is still federally banned).
□ Candidates will need to supply their own basic tools as well as a locking roll away toolbox.
Desirable Qualifications are the following:
□ Commercial class A or B driver’s license with air brake, manual transmission, and tank endorsement. (This will be required within 18 months of employment.)
□ General welding in TIG MIG ARC as well as use of oxy acetylene torches for general fabrication.
□ BAR brake, Lamp, or smog, certificates.
□ Classes or Certificates from the Fire Mechanics Academy or other industry classes.
□ Any light duty or truck ASE certificates.
The most qualified applicants will be invited to a structured oral interview panel with the Fleet Manager and the Deputy Fire Chief or Chief appointed designee. The Fire Chief will make the final selections from the list generated from the process. Candidates chosen for the position will then go through a pre-employment background check.
Successful candidates will be placed on a eligibility list. This is a temporary position with a chance to become permanent.
This is an hourly position and pay will be $24.00 per hour and limited benefits. Apprentice Mechanic will be assigned to work 40 hours per week.
How to apply: Send application, cover letter, copies of above required items listed under the minimum qualifications, and resume by 5:00 p.m. April 23rd, 2021.
South Placer Fire District- C/O Kathy Medeiros
Apprentice Mechanic Position
6900 Eureka Road
Granite Bay, CA 95746
(916) 791-7059 or visit us at http://www.southplacerfire.org
- TRAINING: Goodyear Tire Training at Golden State Fire on Aug 19 0900 August 5, 2021
- Jobs: Riverview International – Sacramento, CA – Fire Mechanic July 26, 2021
- Recalls: Must Read Recalls that might be in your fleet July 25, 2021
- CFMA: Training Opportunities July 15, 2021
- Jobs: North County EVS – Diesel Technicians June 24, 2021