Download the PDF – CFMA update dealing with COVID-19
Dear CFMA members, March 27, 2020
The CFMA Board of Directors and staff wish you and your family all the best during these unprecedented times. Dealing with the daily updates, orders to remain at home, or work situations far outside the usual all create tremendous stress on everyone. We also know many of you are in essential positions that require your presence at work to keep our emergency apparatus in a constant state of readiness. We sincerely thank you for your service and commitment. In an effort to keep everyone updated, here are some of the things the CFMA has done and is working on to prepare for this rapidly changing situation.
1. In February 2020 the CFMA Board began monitoring the COVID 19 advance into the United States.
2. The CFMA made notification to State Fire Training March 10, 2020, due to the COVID 19 Pandemic the Board chose to cancel/postpone the CFMA 2020 Spring Academy.
3. The Board immediately recognized the impact to individuals trying to complete or maintain their mechanic certifications. Multiple options were discussed including the possibility of some remote classes and adding classes to the fall academy. The academy is at the mercy of the COVID 19 Virus and its associated rules but is always looking to safely provide training for our mechanics.
4. At that same time (March 10, 2020) dialog was also started with State Fire Training looking into a possible extension to the deadline for the new curriculum and certification standards. That negation is ongoing and we will update you with information as it becomes available. It will take some time before we have information to pass on concerning our request. Please be patient. Once we have information we will post it on the CFMA, NCFMA and SCFMA websites. Please direct all of your certification questions through the academy.
5. CFMA office staff Stacy and Yuki, have followed the shelter in place orders and are working from their homes. They are busy making sure the 2020 Spring Academy students, vendors, and invited guests for our 50th anniversary have been contacted and notified of the postponement. It’s been a difficult job as many have not responded to confirm they received notification. They are following up with phone calls making sure everyone has been contacted.
6. The CFMA board has a meeting planned for late May at our McClellan Business Park office. Currently do to the COVID 19 situation we’re planning on rescheduling or conducting it on the ZOOM online meeting room. At that time, we will evaluate the current status of the COVID 19 situation and all associated orders that may remain in place for an extended time frame. We are hopeful to move forward and continue planning for the 2020 Fall Academy at Ben Clark Training Center Moreno Valley, Ca.
Please feel free to call the office at (916) 333-5044. Our office staff is maintaining the same business hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 AM to 2 PM. You can also email us with questions at email@example.com
Joseph Pastore, President
California Fire Mechanics Academy
Download the official press release here: cfma spring 2020 50th cancellation letter
Dear CFMA members,
As we near the start of our 50th year of providing Mechanics Academy training we’re in the middle
of the coronavirus outbreak. The Board of Directors has been actively watching News Reports the
past several weeks as the coronavirus spreads. COVID-19 has shaken global markets and caused
widespread disruption to businesses throughout the world. As the virus continues to spread
around the globe, many companies are facing the difficult decision of whether to cancel significant
events due to public health concerns. The threat of travel restrictions and quarantines is
something we can no longer ignore. We find ourselves faced with difficult decisions to make.
We have discussed many options, and with many of our classes filled, we find we cannot
guarantee we can mitigate the spread of the virus during the Academy. We’re all upset and
disappointed as many hours of preparation have been expended in anticipation of this Academy,
since it is our 50th year in providing this training. Unfortunately, we are forced to postpone this
Academy to a later date.
The CFMA board is working on several options but no real decisions can be made until the spread
of the virus is under control. We are all anxious to provide training as the Academy has always
done, but feel the health and wellbeing of our members takes precedence.
Please watch for updates on our website and Facebook page.
We know many of you will have questions concerning the class registration fees you have paid.
The board has offered 2 options:
1- Students can have their funds held and applied to the 2020 Fall Academy
2- Students can request a refund
Please feel free to call the Office at (916) 333-5044. The office hours are Monday, Wednesday and
Friday from 9 am to 2 pm. You can also email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Pastore, President
California Fire Mechanics Academy
The California Fire Mechanics Academy announces its 2016 Fall Academy Courses.
Download the Fall Flyer – Click Here fall-flyer-and-form-2016
- October 24 – 28, 2016
- Carlsbad, CA
- CFM115 – Fire Pumps & Accessories
- CFM215A – Electrical Systems 2
- CFM215B – Allison Transmissions
- FM-109 – Electrical Systems 1 (prerequisite to 2)
- FF501 – Knowing Your Apparatus
Tuition: $500 + $80 State Testing Fee for courses starting with CFM
Registration opens August 1st
Please check our website, www.cafiremech.com, for more details and forms. Online and paper registration will begin August 10th.
- Christi Mansel
- California Fire Mechanics Academy
- TRAINING: Goodyear Tire Training at Golden State Fire on Aug 19 0900 August 5, 2021
- Jobs: Riverview International – Sacramento, CA – Fire Mechanic July 26, 2021
- Recalls: Must Read Recalls that might be in your fleet July 25, 2021
- CFMA: Training Opportunities July 15, 2021
- Jobs: North County EVS – Diesel Technicians June 24, 2021