Jobs: Rancho Cucamonga Fire Protection District – Fire Mechanic
Rancho Cucamonga Fire Protection District – Fire Mechanic
WHO WE ARE:
The Rancho Cucamonga Fire Protection District is committed to building a team that fosters an inclusive culture, and invests in equity in everything we do. We believe building a team diverse in people, ideas, and experience allows us to be more successful in our jobs and better address the needs of our community. We believe that local government and the community it serves are enhanced when people with different backgrounds come together to design and deliver equitable and high-quality services and programs. We believe the foundation for our work to be successful is embedded in consistent equitable and inclusive community engagement practices.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING HERE AT TEAM RC
This position might be perfect for you if:
- You have a passion to service and repair fire apparatus and equipment, along with vehicles and facilities.
- You enjoy using automotive shop tools, equipment and methods used in welding.
- You enjoy working independently with little direction as well as collaborating in a team.
- You have the desire to continually grow and learn new technologies in the field of fire equipment mechanics.
- You like to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- You enjoy having Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off work.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Examining and locating mechanical defects in a wide variety of fire apparatus, vehicles and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance according to an established schedule, including repair or replacement of various faulty parts, wheel bearings, oil seals, shock absorbers, exhaust systems and steering mechanisms.
- Checking electrical systems, wheel alignment, tires, generators, distributors, lights, fire pump and accessories.
- Repairing gas-powered and diesel engines, hydraulic fuel, ignition and electrical systems.
- Using machine shop equipment; welding and machining techniques to construct, repair, and modify parts and equipment.
- Performing basic in-cab and body repair work.
- Installing electrical systems within fire station facilities.
- Keeping records of time, materials, parts used and work performed.
- Scheduling work in the absence of the supervisor.
TO APPLY: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofrc/jobs/3454555/fire-equipment-mechanic?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!