NEWS & UPDATES
North County EVS – Spring Valley, CA
Pay Range – $30 to $40 per hour, DOE
North County EVS is looking for motivated, highly qualified Diesel Technicians to join our team. Over the last 20 years we have earned the reputation of being San County’s premier service provider in our field of fire apparatus service & repair. If you are looking to join a team with experienced leadership and an opportunity for growth with excellent pay and benefits, then this is the place for you!
We work solely on emergency response vehicles such as fire engines, ladder trucks, ambulances and support vehicles. This includes performing routine safety inspections and maintenance, repairs of air brakes, electrical & electronic systems, centrifugal fire pump repairs and diagnosing/repairing computerized electronic control systems.
- Service all Fire Department vehicles and related components on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Inspect equipment and vehicles for common maintenance problems.
- Diagnose and repair air brake systems, engines, transmissions, steering, suspension & drivetrain components typically found on Class 7 & 8 heavy-duty diesel-powered trucks to ensure they will perform under emergency conditions.
- Perform pneumatic and hydraulic equipment repairs as necessary.
- Replace fire apparatus components including but not limited to, fire pumps, foam systems and other specialty firefighting components.
- Make improvements or modifications to new or existing fire apparatus in accordance with departmental needs and specifications. Modify, design, and fabricate special purpose equipment.
- Maintain and repair power tools and appliances carried on fire apparatus.
- Perform fire truck dealer warranty repairs as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- 8+ years of experience as a Certified Heavy-Duty Diesel Technician
- Ability to work alone to diagnose electronically controlled engines, transmissions & other electronic components
- Ability to diagnose electrical starting & charging systems
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent general automotive trouble shooting skills
- Commitment to quality
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Valid/Clean driver’s license (Class “A” or “B”) or ability to get one in 12 months
- Live in, or move to San Diego County
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Great pay – $30 to $40 per hour, DOE
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Fully paid dental insurance for employee
- 401(k) – 6% match
- 401(k) – 4% profit sharing
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick pay
- Paid training
- Fuel allowance
- Uniforms provided
If this sounds interesting we would like to talk with you and answer any questions you may have. You must be able to pass a drug screen and a background check to be considered. Thank you for your consideration for our position.
Please email all application requests to: HR@NCEVS.COM or call (619)840-8048 Ext 700
Jobs: City of Pasadena – Senior Equipment Mechanic – FULL DETAILS HERE
An Equal Opportunity Employer
OPENING DATE: 06/17/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
The City of Pasadena is looking for an advanced journey, working lead level Senior Equipment Mechanic who will supervise, inspect, diagnose and repair operating problems in emergency vehicle apparatus and equipment and heavy-duty gasoline, electric, CNG and diesel construction equipment in the Fleet Management Division. Our department presents an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, reliable and dependable professional.
The current vacancy is in our Fleet Maintenance Division of our Public Works Department. This division is responsible for maintaining, repairing and disposing of the City’s fuel-powered fleet, which consists of approximately 1,250 vehicles and other pieces of equipment.
CLOSING DATE: Continuous until filled. First round of applications are due 7/8/21 for review.